Those who wish to join the Jollyville Volunteer Fire Department (JVFD) may apply for either full active membership that involves firefighting and EMS functions or an associate support membership position. The Board of Directors may wave certain standards required of active firefighter members for associate members.
Membership in JVFD will not be limited by any sort of discrimination including those regarding race, sex, age (except as below), religion or national origin. Any person may apply for membership who (is):
- Over the age of 18 years
- Passes an entry level physical
- Passes the JVFD PQS academy or have previous fire training/education
- A high school diploma (or GED or equivalent)
- Resides within one mile of the boundaries of the area covered by JVFD
- Attend a minimum of two Monday night training meetings per month
- Volunteer a minimum of 30 hours per month at the department
- Cover 2 volunteer overnight shifts per month, 12 hours each
- All firefighting gear, uniforms, communications equipment and training are free!
- Workers compensation insurance will provide payment for any medical bills caused during training or rescue activities
- The privilege to serve your community
Membership applications may be picked up from the Jollyville Station during normal business hours.
The address is:
9218 Anderson Mill Road
Austin, TX 78729
Phone Number: (512) 258-1038
Thank you for your interest in the Jollyville Fire Department.