Williamson County Fire House Museum


Located in Old Settlers Park, across from the Dell Diamond, is the Williamson County Fire House Museum. Here resides some of the history of many of Williamson County’s fire departments.
From 1884 until 2007 the Round Rock Volunteer Fire Department served the community by providing fire and emergency services response. In 2007, the organization retired and became the Fraternal Order of the RRVFD. In cooperation with the Old Settlers Association, they have established this museum with equipment and apparatus from multiple fire departments throughout the county. The apparatus on display consists of the 1884 Hand Pumper (on loan from the City of Round Rock), the first piece of fire equipment in Round Rock, a Hose Reel Cart (on loan from the Bartlett FD) used in conjunction with a hand pumper, a 1938 Ford Fire Engine, the first motorized fire engine in Round Rock and a 1943 Chevrolet Fire Engine. The Chevrolet Fire engine was used by Round Rock, later it was put into service as the first engine for the Jollyville and Sam Bass Fire Companies of RRVFD (now independent Fire Departments).

See more, learn more, come visit the Williamson County Fire House Museum!

Currently open the third Saturday of each month, from 10am to 12pm, or contact us at 512-258-1038 to schedule a tour.

You can also visit the museum calendar for upcoming events:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=gettimes%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FChicago